Sunday 15 January 2012

The Wall

I  built a Wall
Around  my garden
A wall of  beads,crosses and sacred stones
So that my garden has a shape and order
I  planted flowers of hues
Nourished them
I  worshiped the Wall
For  the Wall is sacrosanct
I had a grape arbor near the wall
I made a scarecrow
Which stared selfishly at my neighbour
Suddenly dry winds swept through my garden
My plants yearned for rain
And desperately drooped in irony
Under the scorching sun
My seeds bore cactus
With sharp thorns
The thorns pricked with their sharp points
My heart squirmed
I ran out
Breaking the Wall
Embraced my neighbour
Kissed off his trickling tears
I saw my Shepherd in him
As His grace
The rain teemed down
Making our hearts bloom.







2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Aparna. There are lots of imagery in it. Really enjoyed it. Keep writing dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Itz Lovely, yar!!! i quite like the way u played with words. This poem has a beautiful, lithe spirit in it, which only a beautiful mind can harbour. In a way, itz an exposition of the true you...:)))
    Way to go, dear:))

    ReplyDelete